MasterCem ES 2178 - Cement additive engineered for enhancement of cement early strength and reduction of unit grinding energy / increase of cement mill throughput
What is MasterCem ES 2178?
MasterCem ES 2178 is a liquid, ready-to-use cement additive designed to enhance cement performance. In addition to acting as a Grinding Aid in the milling process and a flow aid in cement conveyance, MasterCem ES 2178 improves specific cement properties by the activity of its chemical components. These act in the modification of clinker characteristics and in the enhancement of its hydraulic properties. Products of the MasterCem ES 2000 series are specifically designed to increase early strength of cement. These benefits can be used either for achieving superior product performance or for cement optimization while maintaining the original performance level. Typical early strength improvement is +10-25% at 1-2 days vs. plain control. However, product performance is dependent on grinding equipment characteristics, process conditions, raw material properties and cement type. To best benefit from cement additives, mill and separator process parameters may need to be adapted. MasterCem ES 2178 improves the flow characteristics of cement with positive impact on cement conveyance and reduction of pack-set in storage.
What is MasterCem ES 2178 used for?
MasterCem ES 2178 is developed for application in the cement grinding process in:
• Ball mills (closed and open circuits)
• Vertical mills
• Other grinding systems, such as: GGBS grinding
What are the benefits of MasterCem ES 2178?
MasterCem ES 2178 offers the following benefits to cement producers:
• Cost reduction due to lower unit grinding energy (kWh/t) and optimization of cement fineness and composition while maintaining cement properties.
• Capacity extension due to higher mill throughput and optimized cement recipe.
• Product differentiation due to enhanced cement performance and improved properties for the final application.
• Improved cement handling due to faster cement conveyance through the plant and in the distribution. Reduction of plant stops and optimized storage in silos. Very low dust generation during application and therefore a good working environment.