MasterFlame PW 2252 - Firestop pipe wrap
What is MasterFlame PW 2252?
MasterFlame PW 2252 is an intumescent pipe wrapping material, based on elastomeric thermoplastic polymers combined with active components available as a 25m x 40mm roll. It provides a high volume expansion and pressure seal in the event of a fire. As plastics soften or insulation burns away in the fire, MasterFlame PW 2252 expands to close off the void left by the pipe or insulation.
What is MasterFlame PW 2252 used for?
MasterFlame PW 2252 can be used with various pipes and insulation, kindly refer to the table below for the types of pipes and insulation which are compatible. MasterFlame PW 2252 is tested upto 200mm in diameter through flexible walls and rigid floors. MasterFlame PW 2252 is also used alongside other MasterFlame range of Firestop systems.
What are the benefits of MasterFlame PW 2252?
• Fire resistance tested in flexible and rigid walls and rigid floors.
• Versatility when installing in a multitude of common site conditions.
• Can be use with plastic pipes e.g. PVC, HDPE, PP, PE, ABS, PVC-C and SAN + PVC
• Can be used to close off various types of insulation around metallic pipes
• Causes no known effects to plastic pipes
• Thermoplastic composite and non-toxic
• Halogen free, contains no asbestos, ceramic, mineral fibres and is environmentally friendly
• Not affected by fungus, vermin or rodents
• Tested upto 200mm plastic pipes