MasterSeal 470 - High performance, elastomeric, polysulphide joint sealant available in non-sag or pourable grades
How does MasterSeal 470 work?
MasterSeal 470 is a high grade, chemically curing, two component polysulphide based sealant that forms a tough, flexible, durable, rubber like material which adheres to most common construction surfaces and provides fully waterproof seals in joints subject to a high degree of deformation or continuous cyclic movement. The product is supplied in two version:
MasterSeal GG 470 is a non-sag, gun grade version supplied in a single 4 liter composite pack for sealing vertical and overhead joints and for general application.
MasterSeal PG 470 is a pouring grade version supplied as 5 liter units of base and catalyst for sealing horizontal joints.
What is MasterSeal 470 recommended for?
MasterSeal 470 is used in joints in critical situations in many types of buildings and structures:
- bridges, tunnels and other civil engineering structures
- precast concrete paneling, and high rise buildings
- concrete and brick foundations, retaining walls and bridge abutments,
- reservoirs, water treatment works, sea walls and roads
- secondary containment areas
- wet areas such as kitchens, laundries, bathrooms and showers, beneath tiles
- terraces, decks and balconies
- floor joints subject to heavy usage and traffic
- industrial areas and those subject to chemical spillage
- remedial repairs to asphalt, concrete, fiber reinforced cement or similar slab surface
- as a bolt hole sealant for the Waboflex REJ / Waboflex SR expansion joints
What are the benefits of MasterSeal 470?
- Forms a tough, flexible, elastomeric, weatherproof and watertight seal.
- Excellent resistance to deterioration due to weathering, ozone, U.V. light and high climatic and in-use temperatures
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Durable water and weather proof sealing even in joints with high levels of deformation (M.A.F. 25%) or repeated cyclic movement of compression and extension over a wide temperature range.
- Excellent storage stability of base and curing agent ensures excellent shelf life.
- Excellent adhesion to concrete, brickwork, metal, tiling, masonry, stone, steel and glass (check need for primer).
- Lead free curing compounds ensure that the product is safe for handling and application.
- Gun grade has a unique, single container packaging eliminating mistakes in mix ratios, minimizing packaging waste and providing convenience to user.