MasterSeal 550 – Acrylic reinforced cementitious, flexible waterproof coating
How does MasterSeal 550 work?
What is MasterSeal 550 used for?
MasterSeal 550 can be used for the following applications:
- To reface and even out variations in concrete surfaces.
- As a waterproof lining for water retaining structures.
- For coating seawater channels.
- Sealing and coating tie bar holes to ensure watertightness.
- For waterproofing and protection against brackish water.
- To provide foundation protection.
- As a waterproof coating for roofs.
- As a backing to marble and granite to prevent water ingress and thus alleviate surface staining.
- To provide protection to concrete surfaces from carbonation and chloride attack.
- For use on pedestrian walkways in marine areas.
- For waterproofing of wet areas under tiling.
- As a waterproof and protection coating on top of spray polyurethane foam roof insulation.
What are the benefits of MasterSeal 550?
MasterSeal 550 is a versatile product offering many advantages to the user:
- Excellent adhesion. Bonds to porous and nonporous surfaces.
- Non toxic suitable for contact with potable water.
- Suitable for light pedestrian traffic.
- Breathable - whilst repelling water, allows substrate to breathe.
- High resistance to chloride ion diffusion.
- Unlike conventional coatings which require a 7-28 day cure of concrete, MasterSeal 550 can be applied to 24 hour-old concrete thereby giving immediate protection.
- White color has high solar reflectivity index (SRI >78) to prevent heat island effect on roofs.
JRef - MasterSeal 550
MasterSeal 550 White LR - SRI test report from DCL
Technical Marketing Bulletin - MasterSeal 550