MasterSeal NP 2 - Multiple-component, high-performance, polyurethane sealant
What is MasterSeal NP 2?
MasterSeal NP 2 is a multi-component, highly flexible, high performance, non-sag, polyurethane sealant. It has been successfully tested for joint movement of ±50%. It is available in 40 colors using special MasterSeal 900 color packs.
What is MasterSeal NP 2 used for?
MasterSeal NP 2 is the ideal material for high movement, vertical or horizontal expansion joints, to provide a durable, weathertight, elastomeric seal.
Typical applications include:
• Interior and exterior
• Above and below grade
• Water retaining structures (with primer)
• Horizontal and vertical expansion joints in buildings and structures
• Wide joints up to 75mm
• Panel walls
• Precast units
• Aluminum and wood window frames
• Parapets and vinyl siding
• Store front assemblies
• Parking structures
• Jersey barriers
What are the benefits of MasterSeal NP 2?
• Movement capability of ± 50% adds protection against unanticipated movement
• Weather resistant for long-lasting weathertight seals
• Easy to gun and tool to speed up application and make neater joints
• No primer required for most construction materials, lowering installation costs
• Wide temperature application range makes MasterSeal NP 2 suitable for all climates
• UL listed; passes 4-hour, 4-inch, fire and hose stream test with Ultra Block or mineral wool
• Suitable for water immersion with documented performance in wet areas
• Chemical cure allows for faster turnaround time
• Bulk packaging results in less waste
• Long pot life provides extended working time at elevated temperatures
• Resilient seal withstands pedestrian and vehicular traffic
• Non-sag formulation allows use in very wide vertical joints