MasterEmaco P 5000AP - Single component, cement based, multi-use, bonding and active protective primer
How does MasterEmaco P 5000AP work?
MasterEmaco P 5000AP active primer, not only reinstates a high pH environment it also contains active corrosion inhibiting additives for the protection of reinforcement steel. It can also be used as an adhesive bonding slurry for subsequent repair mortars. When mixed with water, it forms a slurry that can be applied by brush to the clean exposed reinforcement, or directly on the dampened, prepared concrete substrate when used as a bonding coat.
MasterEmaco P 5000AP is used for the protection of reinforcement steel:
- When steel is visible and the available depth of cover is less than 10 mm
- When concrete is contaminated with chlorides
- In critical environments when extra protection is specified
- When the timing at the jobsite does not allow for the repair mortars to be applied immediately after cleaning the steel
- Can also be used to aid bond and application properties of hand applied repair mortars in extreme thicknesses and conditions.
What are the unique features of MasterEmaco P 5000AP?
MasterEmaco P 5000AP is multi-use and can also be used as a bonding slurry to improve bond and application thicknesses of MasterEmaco repair mortars on prepared concrete surfaces.
What are the benefits of MasterEmaco P 5000AP?
- Meets all major international norms - for steel priming in concrete repair systems.
- Excellent rust inhibiting properties - as it reinstates a high pH environment.
- Contains active corrosion inhibitors - to further protect the steel.
- Polymer modified -for additional adhesive bond to the steel.
- Long life repairs - does not reduce adhesion of repair mortars to steel.
- Wide compatibility -with steel reinforcing bars and concrete or repair mortars.
- Fast curing -to save time and money.
- Simply mixing –just add water.
- Orange - for easy site control of reinforcement coverage
- Only use what is needed - supplied in re-usable air-tight containers
- Low hazard -Low chromate (Cr[VI] < 2 ppm )
MasterEmaco Application Guide
MasterEmaco P 5000 AP: Safety Data Sheet Australia
MasterEmaco P 5000 AP: Technical Data Sheet
MasterEmaco P 5000AP: Safety Data Sheet New Zealand