MasterGlenium SKY 8379 - New generation polycarboxylic ether hyperplasticiser for high performance concrete
How does MasterGlenium SKY 8379 work?
Developed for applications in the premixed and precast concrete industries where the highest durability and performance is required in conjunction with improved workability and finishing. MasterGlenium SKY 8379is free from chlorides and complies with AS 1478.1 – 2000 Type HWR and ASTM C494 Types A and F.
What are the unique features of MasterGlenium SKY 8379?
MasterGlenium SKY 8379 is differentiated from conventional superplasticisers in that it is based on a unique carboxylic ether polymer with long lateral chains. This greatly improves cement dispersion. At the start of the mixing process the same electrostatic dispersion occurs as described previously but the presence of the lateral chains, linked to the polymer backbone, generate a steric hindrance which stabilises the cement particles capacity to separate and disperse.
This mechanism provides flowable concrete with greatly reduced water demand.
What are the benefits of MasterGlenium SKY 8379?
- Flowable concrete with low water/cement ratio without segregation or bleeding
- Allows reduction of curing cycles – i.e. time or temperature
- Possibility of elimination of steam curing
- Less vibration required even in case of congested steel reinforcement
- Less labour required
- Improves concrete surface finish and texture
- Compared to traditional superplasticisers, the addition of MasterGlenium SKY 83799 will improve the physical properties and thus the durability of concrete
MasterGlenium SKY 8379 SDS
MasterGlenium SKY 8379: Safety Data Sheet Australia
MasterGlenium SKY 8379: Safety Data Sheet New Zealand
MasterGlenium SKY 8379: Technical Data Sheet