MasterGlenium SKY 8708
New generation, high range water reducing admixture with super retaining technology for premix, precast and shotcrete applications
How does MasterGlenium SKY 8708 work?
MasterGlenium SKY 8708 is a uniquely formulated latest generation high range water reducer with super retention technology.
MasterGlenium SKY contains polycarboxylate ether polymers combined with Suretec polymers for ready-mixed and precast concrete where slump retention, improved rheology, durability , high early and ultimate strength are required. The degree of slump retention will depend on ambient temperature, mix design and dose rate.
MasterGlenium SKY 8708 is free of added chlorides, and is compatible with all cement meeting recognized international standards.
MasterGlenium SKY 8708 meets the requirements for High Range Water Reducers according to AS 1478.1-2000, Type HWR.
- Slump retaining and super slump retaining concrete
- Faster mixing logistics during large jobs
- High flowability concrete
- Concrete that requires improved surface finish
- Premix and precast concrete
- High strength/ultra-high strength concrete
- Super Workable Concrete / Self Consolidating Concrete
- High performance concrete with high durability
- Pumped concrete
- Piling mixes
- Pre-stressed and post tensioned concrete
What makes MasterGlenium SKY 8708 a unique solution?
A unique combination of dispersion and steric hindrance effect makes MasterGlenium SKY 8708 the ideal admixture for ready-mixed, precast and shotcrete applications. The ability to work with low water/cement ratios and still obtian extended slump retention allows for the manufacture of high quality concrete.
What are the benefits of MasterGlenium SKY 8708?
- High range water reduction - high early and ultimate strengths
- Very dosage efficient
- Low permeability, high durability concrete
- High flowability - ease of placing and compaction
- Superior slump retention i.e. no re-tempering
- Ease of delivery to point of placement
- Low shrinkage and creep - improve dimensional stability. Reduced risk of cracks
- Good cohesion - ease of pumping
- Good rheology - excellent surface finish
- Suitable for use with super workable concrete / self-consolidating concrete
- Excellent bleed profile ensuring the highest concrete quality
- High elastic modulus - superior load bearing capacity