MasterPolyheed 8830 - New generation mid-range water reducer
How does MasterPolyheed 8830 work?
MasterPolyheed 8830 is a multi-component, non-chloride, mid-range water reducing admixture designed to improve the performance of concrete both in the plastic and hardened states. It is added at the batch plant after 75% of water has been added to the mix.
- All types of concrete where a non-chloride water reducing admixture is required, especially in the slump band (80 -150mm)
- Improving the performance of pumped concrete, shotcrete and conventionally placed concrete
- Improving the performance of plain, reinforced, precast, light weight or standard weight concrete
- Use in white or coloured concrete
- Use in architectural concrete, especially where off-form and/or surface finish is critical
- Use in concrete containing harsh aggregates and/or manufactured sand
What makes MasterPolyheed 8830 unique solution?
Non-chloride water reducing admixture enables mid-range concrete slump of 80-150mm.
What are the benefits of MasterPolyheed 8830?
In the plastic state:
- normal setting characteristics throughout the recommended dose range
- reduced segregation, particularly in lean mixes and mid slump concrete
- improved mix rheology
- improved pumpability
- reduced water content for a given workability
- enhanced finishability, especially for concrete with manufactured or harsh aggregates
In the hardened concrete:
- no added chlorides, conforms to the most stringent chloride ion limits including AS3600 concrete structures code, will not initiate or promote the corrosion of reinforcing steel
- increased strength – compressive, flexural and bond (concrete to steel)
- superior finished appearance
- increased density and durability
- reduced permeability – improved watertightness
- reduced cracking