MasterSet R 100
Set retarding admixture
Formerly: Pozzolith 100 XR
How does MasterSet R 100 work?
MasterSet R 100 ready-to-use liquid admixture is used for producing more uniform and predictable quality concrete. Placing and finishing requirements are facilitated because this admixture retards setting time.
- Prestressed concrete
- Precast concrete
- Reinforced concrete
- Lightweight concrete
- Pumped concrete
- 4x4 Concrete
- Pervious concrete
- Self-consolidating concrete
What are the unique features of MasterSet R 100?
- Reduced water content required for a given workability
- Retarded setting characteristics
- Controlled retardation – depending on the addition rate
- Full-form deflection can take place (before concrete sets) in extended pours for bridge decks, cantilevers, non-shored structural elements, etc.
- Meets ASTM C 494/C 494M requirements for Type B, retarding, and Type D, water-reducing and retarding, admixtures
What are the benefits of MasterSet R 100?
- Improved workability
- Reduced segregation
- Superior finishing characteristics for flatwork and cast surfaces
- Flexibility in scheduling of placing and finishing operations
- Offsets effects of early concrete stiffening during extended delays between mixing and placing
- Helps eliminate cold joints
- Peak temperature and/or rate of temperature rise in mass concrete lowered thereby reducing thermal cracking
- Increased compressive and flexural strengths