MBRACE C-BAR & G-BAR
Ready-to-use Carbon Rods and Glass Fibre (Fibre Reinforced Polymer) for the reinforcement of concrete, masonry and timber elements
DESCRIPTION OF PRODUCT
C-BAR is ready-to-use pultrude d carbon fibre rods tha provide a high tensile strength (that is higher than stee bars used in the pre-cast indusry) and are used fo flexural reinforcement of concrete, masonry and timbe elements. G-BAR is a family of lightweight glass firbres rods
particularly designed for structural strengthening o concrete structures especially when durability is not a critical factor (in these cases Carbopree rod i preferred).
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
To replace or agument steel reinforcement in concrete structures. To add reinforcement to timber and masonr elements. Suitable for near surface moutned reinforcement (NSM) of structures. Ideal when the cover of the steel bars is very low, as CBAR does not corrode. Can be used for slim or narrow architectural concrete.
- Reduce deformation under working load
- (increase in rigidity) Increase the load-bearing capacity (e.g. structura conversion following a change in capacity load)
- Increase the fatigue strength
- Limit or cover the fissuring states (increase in durability)
- C-BAR is supplied with peel ply, which give better adhesion to the substrate and to the subsequent coatings
- Can be buried in the structure Ideal for sue in historical structures
- The C-BAR enables the amouint of reinforcement to be calcuated in relation to the performance
- required or the stress flow Allows faster installation, thereby reducing costs
- Increases the durability of the structure by protecting it against the aggressive action of chlorides and freezing and thawing cycles