MasterGlenium SKY 904
High range water reducing admixture for concrete
How does MasterGlenium SKY 904 work?
MasterGlenium SKY 904 is an innovative superplasticizer based on polycarboxylic ether (PCE) polymers. It is the next step of the Total Performance Control™ concept. MasterGlenium SKY 904 is specially engineered for ready-mix concrete. Its particular configuration allows its delayed adsorption onto the cement particles and disperses them efficiently.
With MasterGlenium SKY 904 it is now possible to obtain a high quality concrete mix with accelerated strength development and extended workability without delayed setting characteristics. MasterGlenium SKY 904 gives the same high quality performance as other products in the MasterGlenium SKY range but pays particular emphasis on workability retention. The unique polymer formulation enables true workability retention to be achieved across a broad spectrum of consistence classes (S5 to SF3). This is achieved without set retardation or reduced 24 hour strength performance.
The Total Performance Control concept ensures that ready-mix producers, contractors and engineers get a concrete that is of the same high quality as originally specified; starting from production at the batching plant, to the delivery and application into place, and followed by its hardening process. Utilizing Smart Dynamic Concrete technology it provides a concrete mix with exceptional placing characteristics, extended workability retention and accelerated cement hydration for early strength development and high-quality concrete.
What is MasterGlenium SKY 904 used for?
MasterGlenium SKY 904 is especially beneficial for the production of high quality ready-mix concrete particularly when high water reductions are required in combination with a requirement for an extended period of workability e.g. long distance deliveries or deliveries with extended discharge times. MasterGlenium SKY 904 is designed to exhibit workability retention for periods up to 3 hours.
What are the benefits of MasterGlenium SKY 904?
MasterGlenium SKY 904 offers the following benefits for:
The ready-mix producer:
- Production of a concrete with low water cement ratio that meets EN 206-1 without loss of workability.
- Single product for many application needs.
- Enhanced retention performance with cements containing either GGBS or PFA.
- Confidence that the workability will be the same at the job site as it was when first produced.
The contractor / applicator:
- Easier placing and faster strength development.
- Improved concrete surfaces.
- Guarantee to place the same concrete as specified and ordered from ready-mix plant.
- More versatile concrete mix.
- Insurance that concrete meets original specification.
- High quality concrete with better durability.