MasterGlenium SKY 920
High-range water-reducing/superplasticizing admixture for concrete with enhanced consistence retention
How does MasterGlenium SKY 920 work?
MasterGlenium SKY 920 is an innovative superplasticizer based on a unique blend of state-of-the-art polymers – the next step in the Total Performance Control™ concept. MasterGlenium SKY 920 is specially engineered for ready-mix concrete. Its particular configuration allows its delayed adsorption onto the cement particles and disperses them efficiently.
With MasterGlenium SKY 920, you can obtain a high-quality concrete mix with extended workability and superior concrete rheology without delayed setting characteristics. The unique polymer formulation enables true workability retention across a broad spectrum of consistence classes (S3 to SF3) – without set retardation or reduced 24-hour strength performance.
The Total Performance Control™ concept ensures that ready-mix producers, contractors and engineers receive a concrete of the same high quality as originally specified, from production at the batching plant to delivery, placement and the curing process. Using well-established advanced polymer technology, it provides a concrete mix with exceptional placing characteristics and optimised cement hydration for early strength development and high-quality concrete.
What is MasterGlenium SKY 920 used for?
MasterGlenium SKY 920 is especially beneficial in producing high-quality ready-mix concrete, particularly when high water reduction and extended workability are needed, as as with long-distance deliveries or deliveries with extended discharge times in congested urban environments. MasterGlenium SKY 920 is designed to exhibit workability retention for periods of up to two hours. MasterGlenium SKY 920’s formulation has been specially optimised for the more challenging retention issues posed by the use of cementitious combinations such as, but not limited to, CIIIB.
What makes MasterGlenium SKY 920 different?
MasterGlenium SKY 920 offers the following benefits for:
- Produces a concrete with a low water-cement ratio that meets EN 206-1 without loss of workability
- Single product meeting multiple application needs
- Enhanced retention performance for cement containing either GGBS or PFA
- Confidence that the workability will be the same on site as at the plant
The contractor / applicator:
- Easier placing and faster strength development
- Improved concrete surfaces
- The same concrete as specified and ordered from the ready-mix plant is assured at placement
- A more versatile concrete mix
- Long pumping distances, both horizontally and vertically
- Insurance that concrete meets the original specification.
- Confidence in the concrete’s ability to be placed in areas of congested reinforcement
- High-quality concrete with better durability