MasterSeal 910 & MasterSeal 912 System
Hydroswelling waterbar and hydrophilic swelling mastic system for construction joints.
How does the MasterSeal 910 and MasterSeal 912 System work?
MasterSeal 910 is a hydroswelling waterbar, ready for installation, to waterproof joints in concrete structures. The product is based on a special polymer technology that acts by swelling on exposure to water, to form a seal and render the joints leak-proof. MasterSeal 910 is bonded to the concrete using MasterSeal 912 which is a one component, moisture curing pre-polymer which is reswellable when in contact with water, suitable for the permanent sealing of construction joints in concrete structures.
What is the MasterSeal 910 and MasterSeal 912 System used for?
The MasterSeal 910 and MasterSeal 912 System is suitable for all construction joints subject to hydrostatic pressure, on one or both sides. Application areas include joints between abutments of concrete and rock, masonry, rafts and walls in tunnels and basements, steel and concrete pipes, H-king and precast elements.
What are the benefits of the MasterSeal 910 and MasterSeal 912 System?
- Swells in contact with water by up to 200%, preventing water ingress even when the joint width varies.
- Water molecules held by molecular attraction – captured water does not get transported through capillaries.
- The volume expansion effect is equally effective in fresh water so as in high salt content water (sea water, brackish water).
- Resistant to chemicals, solvents, fuels and oils.
- Controlled swelling – minimise the risk of damage to concrete.
- Durable seal due to the inclusion of no air bubbles that can lead to the breakdown of the seal and allow leaks.
- Outstanding chemical resistance.
- Reversible swelling process.
- Resistant to micro-organisms formation.
- Can seal joints with up to 5 bars water pressure.