MasterGlenium SKY 8588 - New generation superplasticising admixture
How does MasterGlenium SKY 8588 work?
MasterGlenium SKY 8588 is a new generation superplasticiser for concrete. It contains polycarboxylate ether polymers and is specially formulated to give exceptionally high water reduction and significantly reduced slump loss. Concentional superplasticisers, such as those based on sulphonated melamine and napthalene formaldehyde condensates, at the time of mixing, become absorbed onto the surface of the cement particles. This absorption takes place a a very early stage in the hydration process. The sulphonic groups of the polymer chains increase the negatve charge on the surface of the cement particle and dispersion of the cement occurs by electrostatic repulsion. MasterGlenium SKY 8588 is differentiated from conventional superplasticisers in that it is based on a unique polycarboxylate ether polymer which long lateral chains. This freatly improves cement dispersion. This mechanism provides flowable concrete with greatly reduced water demand.
- Concrete with less water content than with conventional admixtures
- Faster mixing logistics during large jobs
- High flowability concrete
- Highly durable concrete
- Ready-mixed concrete
- Self compacting concrete
- Mass concrete
- Long distance transportation
- Pumped concrete
What are the features and benefits of MasterGlenium SKY 8588?
- High water reduction - high early and ultimate strengths. Low permeability, high durability concrete
- High flowability - ease of placing and compaction. No segregation.
- Reduced slump loss - No retempering. Ease of delivery to point of placement.
- Low shrinkage and creep - improve dimentional stability. Reduced risk of cracks.
- Good cohesion - ease of pumping. No bleeding.
- Good workability - excellent surface appearance. Self-compacting concrete.
- Minimal bleed water - excellent concrete quality.
- High elastic modulus - superior load bearing capacity.