MasterSuna SBS 5005 - Concrete admixture technology for manufactured sand
How does MasterSuna SBS 5005 work?
MasterSuna SBS 5005 is an innovative polymer designed to improve the consistency and performance of concrete produced in pre-mixed and precast concrete plants.
MasterSuna SBS 5005 technology has been specifically developed to facilitate the production of concrete containing challenging sands. For optimum performance, it must be used in combination with a water reducer or superplasticiser available from MBCC Group.
Sand obtained from parent rock with active mineralogy and clays has the potential to bind water in their structure. Also, certain clays have a tendency to absorb admixture rendering them less effective in concrete.
Differing types and varying levels of clay contaminants make it hard to control the workability of concrete. Increasing quantities of active clays lead to higher water demand with adverse effects on the properties of concrete.
Innovative Sand Blocker Solutions
The unique nano-chemistry in MasterSuna SBS 5005 is characterised by its strong affinity to clay contaminants present in concrete mixes. Dosed in combination with a water reducer and/or superplasticiser, MasterSuna SBS technology works by neutralizing the negative effects of active clays and hydrophilic materials. The combination of admixtures significantly improves the consistency and workability retention in concrete.
What are the recommended uses of MasterSuna SBS 5005?
- Concrete containing manufactured sand
- Mixes with high proportions of manufactured sand
- Controlling fine aggregates with active clays
- Pre-mixed concrete
- Piling concrete
- Post-tensioned concrete
- Precast & Pre-stressed concrete
- Self-compacting and super workable concrete
- Remote locations
What are the features and benefits of MasterSuna SBS 5005?
- Reduced mix costs
- Effective & compatible with manufactured sands
- Adaptable to varying levels of clay contaminants
- Reduced need for natural sands
- Improved mix efficiency
- Synergy with water reducers and superplasticisers
- Improves concrete appearance & rheology
- Facilitates production & consistent quality of concrete
- Preserved natural resources