MasterSeal 525 – cement and acrylic based two components UV resistant flexible waterproofing material
What is and where to use MasterSeal 525?
MasterSeal 525 – is a cement and acrylic based two components waterproofing material that forms an effective barrier against salts carried by water and gases in the atmosphere, and is used on concrete and cement based surfaces.
MasterSeal 525 application areas are:
- Interior and exterior areas for vertical and horizontal applications.
- Waterproofing of foundations an curtains.
- Retaining walls.
- Terraces (can be used without protecting the top in under light weights. Consult BASF Central Asia Technical Service for details)
- Wetrooms like WC, bathroom, kitchen, and balcony.
- Swimming pools.
- Drinking and other water tanks.
- Facilities like spa and hamams.
- Sea water channels.
- Against salty water where water impermeability and protection is needed.
- To protect concrete surfaces from carbonation and chlorine attacks.
- Walking ways of marinas.
What are the advantages of MasterSeal 525?
- 1 mm thick MasterSeal 525 gives protection against carbonizing equivalent to over 80 mm concrete.
- Water impermeable, resistant to 7 bars positive water pressure.
- Perfect adhesion property.
- Easy to prepare and apply.
- Applied by brush or spraying machine.
- Long working time.
- White in color and resistant to UV rays.
- Suitable for pedestrian traffic.
- Water vapor permeable.
- High durability.
- Resistant to freeze-thaw cycle.
- Highly resistant to carbon dioxide and chlorine ions.
- Although traditional waterproofing materials require
- 7-28 days curing period, MasterSeal 525 can be applied on green concrete.
- Can be safely used in drinking water tanks (has a test report).