MasterEase – A groundbreaking admixture for low-viscosity concrete
Challenges of the Construction Industry
Every day, the concrete industry encounters challenges with concrete viscosity at the concrete plant (manufacturing) and at the point of placing on construction sites. Some of these challenges include:
- Long mixing times with high power consumption
- Additional water required to overcome high viscosity
- Sticky concrete that is difficult to pump, place and finish
- Concrete that is difficult to vibrate, float, and smooth
- Surface deficiencies of hardened concrete
MasterEase for Low-Viscosity Concrete
MasterEase is a superplasticizer for low-viscosity concrete, improving the rheological properties of high-performance concrete, significantly facilitating its pumping, placing and finishing. It further allows concrete mix design optimizations for higher performance concrete and concrete mixes with a reduced CO2 footprint.
What is Rheology?
Rheology defines the flow and intrinsic behaviour of fluids, which is analyzed using a rheometer. Concrete can be defined as a "Bingham" fluid, whose two key parameters are the yield value and the plastic viscosity.
Benefits of MasterEase for the Construction Industry
- The superplasticizer for low-viscosity concrete significantly improves concrete rheology during the entire processing time.
- With this technology, plastic viscosity can be reduced by up to 30%, which substantially reduces the pumping pressure required to pump the concrete on the construction site.
- MasterEase significantly facilitates the process of placing, pumping, troweling and finishing concrete.
- MaserEase enables concrete mixes with a reduced CO2 footprint which are otherwise often difficult to process.
- The use of MasterEase concrete saves time and costs in every construction project.
A flexible superplasticizer for challenging projects and conditions
MasterEase can be used with other products from the Master Builders Solutions portfolio to provide optimized solutions for challenging projects in the construction industry. For example, it can be combined with MasterSure technology to maintain workability and excellent rheology of the concrete even under challenging conditions over exceptionally long periods of time.
This new technology is particularly suitable for concrete mixes which are optimized for advanced engineering properties and sustainability: The Green Sense Concrete concept from Master Builders Solutions. Combining high strength concrete with low water/cement ratios, as well as mixes with higher levels of secondary cementitious materials, reduces the CO2 footprint and concrete is easier to produce and place.