MasterSeal 588 is an elastomeric cement based waterproof coating for concrete and masonry
How does MasterSeal 588 work?
MasterSeal 588 powder is a blend of Portland cements, selected silica sands and modifying agents. When mixed to a slurry consistency with MasterSeal 588 liquid, an acrylic polymer emulsion, it can be easily applied by brush or roller. It cures to give an elastomeric flexible membrane that remains flexible even when submerged.
MasterSeal 588 must be reinforced with mesh across all construction joints and cracks. The reinforcing mesh may be either 100% virgin polypropylene or alkali resistant glass-fibre mesh depending on the properties required, please consult your local Master Builders Solutions Technical Services Representative for further advice on the correct selection of mesh.
What is MasterSeal 588 used for?
MasterSeal 588 is suited to the following applications:
- For waterproofing of water-retaining structures which may be subject to movement.
- To protect concrete from water, carbonation and de-icing salts.
- Suitable for internal and external use against positive water pressure.
- Suitable for use in wet area waterproofing where tiles are to be installed directly on top of the membrane using a proprietary tile adhesive
What are the benefits of MasterSeal 588?
MasterSeal 588 is a versatile product offering many advantages to the user:
- Good chemical resistance against soft water, domestic waste water, manure or other liquids moderately aggressive to mineral substrates.
- Withstands occasional foot traffic.
- Freeze-thaw resistant.
- Effective as a water vapour permeable and anti-carbonation coating.
- Once cured, a 2mm thick MasterSeal 588 membrane will accommodate movement of up to 0.6 mm
- Simple and fast method of treating cracks and joints
- Quick and easy brush or spray application
- Can be applied to damp substrates
- Thin layer application
- Equipment to be cleaned simply with water.