Force Majeure on Select Finished Master Builders Solutions Admixture Products
The impacts of the recent winter storm in Texas have resulted in multiple chemical producers declaring force majeure in the last few weeks. This is impacting the supply of many petrochemical based raw materials and intermediates globally, including many raw materials used in Master Builders Solutions’ products. Subsequently this may affect our ability to supply you with selected finished products. Therefore, we have made the difficult decision to declare force majeure on certain finished products. Master Builders Solutions is taking every possible step to minimize the impact of these unforeseen events on your business.
We have activated supply of supplemental materials from our affiliates around the world. Unfortunately, due to the current demands on ships and containers, the estimated arrival for these materials is 5-6 weeks. Current inventories may not sustain during the supply gap so order quantities will be managed closely until the situation is resolved. The affected products are listed below:
Force Majeure Products
- MasterGlenium 1466, 1481, 1594, 3030, 3400, 7101, 7500, 7511, 7700, 7710, 7620, 7920, 7925
- MasterPolyheed 100, 980, 1020, 1025, 1720, 1725
- MasterRoc MF501, MF510 and HR603
- MasterCast 700, 900 series
- MasterSure Z60
- MasterSet FP 20
In order to minimize the risk of run outs, we need your support to:
- Minimize excess product inventory throughout your plant network
- Assist us in moving excess inventory to other locations in and outside your plant network
- Allow us to fill your non affected admixture tanks at will. This will improve affected product deliveries when materials become readily available
- Utilize alternative Master Builders Solutions products.
In addition, we will be reviewing each order received to manage inventory levels at your sites to 7 days or less. We regret any strain this may have on your operations, but these circumstances were unforeseen and are completely out of our control. We will continue to update you and anticipate a full recovery in approximately 6 weeks.
Many other raw materials were affected by the extreme weather, including polypropylene (used in synthetic fibers). We believe we have sufficient inventory to bridge the production gap. However, prices have increased substantially, and we must recover some portion of these costs. We will provide more details to fiber price increases in a separate correspondence.
Your local Master Builders Solutions sales representative will be available to help with inventory management and address any questions. We appreciate your continued business and the trust you place in Master Builders Solutions.