New AIA Course: The Concepts of Color Appearance and Perception
Color plays an important role in our day-to-day lives, it’s all around us and it can influence our mood, communicate action and much more. Color also plays a critical role in architectural design, where color can significantly impact the appearance and perception of a space and its surroundings.
As part of our continuing education program, we’ve developed a new AIA course called “The Concepts of Color Appearance and Perception.” The course discusses basic color theory as well as the concepts of color appearance and human perception. This course also provides participants with an understanding of pigment function and weatherability, and the use of color to provide a safer environment for the public.
The course learning objectives include:
- Describe the influences on color perception and the three dimensions to color
- Understand color appearance and perception
- Understand the Light Reflectance Values of color, and the impact it can have
- Choose the most suitable types of pigments based on project/product requirements
- Identify the most common pigment qualities and their impact on color stability
Master Builders Solutions is a Registered Provider with The American Institute of Architects Continuing Education Systems. Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to CES Records for AIA members. Certificates of Completion for non-AIA members are available on request. This program is registered with the AIA/CES for continuing professional education.
To learn more about the course and sign up, please visit https://wallsystems.master-builders-solutions.com/en/aia.