Solutions for Multifamily Residential Buildings
As our population grows and cities become more crowded, multifamily housing is key to addressing the demands of the residential market. Finding attractive ways to compress housing into smaller spaces while utilizing sustainable building practices and still creating true homes calls for a complex blend of innovative design and engineering. The following construction materials have been hand-picked by our technical experts to increase comfort, durability and safety in multifamily residential structures.
Need something else? Contact your
local representative to learn about our extensive portfolio of construction solutions.
03 00 00 Solutions for Cast-in-Place, Precast & Architectural Concrete
For sidewalks, driveways and outdoor living spaces:
- MasterColor- Integral liquid color can help your concrete make a statement and enhance the overall design of your structure. 55 standard colors with the ability to customize a color for your project. DIV 03 33 23
- Integrally colored Concrete Specification 03 33 23
- Specification Language Coloring Admixture
- Cast-in-place concrete Specification 03 30 00
For foundations and podium/transfer slabs:
To improve schedule for IBC Type I & II construction:
- Green Sense Concrete- reduce your carbon footprint and help achieve the projects sustainable construction goals. Follow the link to learn how to make the most of your concrete.
07 10 00 Waterproofing
Protect your next mulit-family residential structure against moisture damage.To protect foundations and to waterproof between split slab applications:
- MasterSeal HLM 5000- seamless bitumen-modified polyurethane waterproofing membrane for exterior below-grade applications. DIV 07 14 16
To protect below grade concrete and masonry substrates:
- MasterSeal 581- cement based coating to help protect building interiors from dampness and moisture damage. Resistant to both positive and negative hydrostatic pressure, suitable for interior and exterior use. Excellent for waterproofing basements and retaining walls. DIV 07 16 00
07 18 00 Traffic Coatings & Deck Membranes
Specify a waterproofing system to help protect wearing surfaces from pedestrian and or vehicular traffic abrasion, as well as to protect concrete from scaling and chloride intrusion.To protect balconies, exposed concrete stairs and walkways:
- MasterSeal Traffic 1500- waterproofing membrane system that is ideal for light to medium duty traffic. DIV 07 18 16
For elevated decks:
- MasterSeal Traffic 2500- waterproofing membrane system that provides excellent waterproofing and protects the occupied spaces below. DIV 07 18 16
07 24 00 Exterior Cladding & Masonry Veneer Systems
Senergy continuous insulation cladding systems provide nearly endless aesthetic possibilities- wood, metal panel, granite, limestone, etc- while saving the owner energy costs. We can turn your creative inspiration into a beautiful, sustainable, fully engineered cladding system that has the building science you need, at a cost that meets the demands of your budget. Find the details you need to bring your design to life.Considering multiple claddings on a project? Check out our latest innovation- Senergy Insulated Veneer Systems. Design a high performance building enclosure that requires NO mechanical fasteners, has no thermal bridges, and provides the look, feel and durability of masonry with the air/water-resistive barrier, continuous insulation, code compliance and economics of EIFS. (DIV 07 24 23)
07 27 26 Fluid-Applied Membrane Air Barriers
Air intrusion into a structure can cause moisture and condensation to collect in walls; which can lead to significant problems for the client (mold & mildew, poor air indoor air quality, structural damage). To manage and control moisture in your wall systems and building envelope, it is critical to understand where the dew point will be (inside or outside the wall).
For conditions that require a vapor permeable air/water-resistive barrier:
- MasterSeal AWB 660 – fluid-applied air/water-resistive barrier prevents air leakage and should be continuous throughout the structure. Qualify as both an air/water-resistive barrier and flexible flashing material. DIV 07 27 26
For conditions that require a vapor impermeable air/water-resistive barrier:
- MasterSeal AWB 660 I – fluid-applied air/water-resistive barrier that can also function as a Class 1 vapor retarder. Provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind most wall claddings including brick, siding, metal panels EIFS and stucco. DIV 07 27 26
Contact us to help you review your design and select the appropriate product
07 92 00 Joint Sealants
The integrity of a structure is often only as good as the sealants used as moisture will find a way between two surfaces at the joint.For windows, doors and siding applications that need to bond to concrete, masonry units or porous substrates:
- MasterSeal NP1- polyurethane sealant with movement capability ±35%, VOC content = 35 g/L, VOC compliant for interior use per LEED v.4 Low-Emitting Materials. Suitable for immersion in water. 13 standard colors. DIV 07 92 13
For coated metal applications (PDVF coatings):
- MasterSeal NP 100- hybrid sealant that combines polyurethane & silicone properties with movement capability ±50%, VOC content = 29 g/L; VOC compliant for interior use per LEED v.4 Low-Emitting Materials. CDPH v1.1 compliant. 14 standard colors with 40 stocked tint bases available. DIV 07 92 13To help contril noise:
- MasterSeal NP 520 – siliconized acrylic latex sealant to seal sound flanking paths in partition walls, fire-rated, meets Class A criteria set by NFPA 101. VOC content= 13 g/L, VOC compliant for interior use per LEED v.4 Low-Emitting Materials. 11 standard colors. DIV 07 92 19
07 95 00 Expansion Control from Watson Bowman Acme
Superior performance and sleek design can go hand in hand. To simplify the decision-making process, we recommend starting with these interior floor joints:
- Wabo® Corridor Wrap Floor - accommodates 1”-4” movements, interior floor joint system, economical and comes in 4 standard colors, accommodates a variety of flooring materials. Coordinating wall and ceiling systems available.
- Wabo® SeismicPan - accommodates 2”-24”, finished floor can be included to create a less visible joint
To maintain the integrity of the interrupted fire rated assembly and prevent the spread of fire: All systems tested to meet appropriate UL, ASTM, NFPA, ICBO, and CAN/ULC guidelines. All joint systems can be fire rated by combining the selected system with one of Watson Bowman Acme’s fire rated systems.
For fire protection that creates a watertight seal with adjoining structures:
- Wabo® Fire Shield - 2 or 3 hr fire rating, ideal for vertical or horizontal situations where the new construction connects to another structure (new to existing, new to new, building to plaza area, building to parking structure, etc.)Watson Bowman Acme can be your single source manufacturer for all the projects expansion joint needs, contact us today!For more Watson Bowman Acme brand solutions, view their full portfolio of solutions.
09 97 00 Special Coatings- Exterior
Keep exterior colors looking bold by protecting them from the elements.
For structures in an environment where dirt pickup is a concern:
- MasterProtect C 350 - smooth 100% acrylic waterproof coating enables natural rain water to wash away dirt from the cladding and reduce the buildings maintenance costs. Multiple tints available. Suitable for fiber cement siding, concrete, masonry, EIFS/Stucco or previously painted substrates. DIV 09 97 23To protect vertical above grade concrete & masonry applications:
- MasterProtect HB 400 - water based, high-build 100% acrylic coating resists wind-driven rain and provides effective carbon dioxide diffusion and to help protect embedded steel from corrosion. It is available in a broad range of colors and textures. DIV 09 97 23
Refer to the Wall Coatings selector guide for additional product options