Synthetic macrofiber with chemical bond for large deflection applications
How does MasterFiber 160CB work?
MasterFiber 160CB product is a chemically-enhanced synthetic macrofiber that exhibits superior bonding to cementitious matrices, thus increasing the post-crack load-carrying capacity and toughness of fiber-reinforced concrete. The superior performance of MasterFiber 160CB product results from a novel polymer resin technology that provides engineered chemical bonding, a technology breakthrough from Master Builders Solutions. Through this advanced technology and a highly engineered fiber architecture, the bonding capabilities of MasterFiber 160CB product far exceed that of the other commercially available polyolefin-based synthetic macrofibers.
- Precast Tunnel Segments
- Precast Concrete Pipes
What are the unique features of MasterFiber 160CB?
- MasterFiber 160CB product is chemically enhanced to provide superior performance as compared to typical high-performing synthetic macrofibers.
- Engineered for use as secondary reinforcement to control shrinkage and temperature cracking and to provide performance equivalent to that of other commercially available synthetic macrofibers, at a reduced dosage.
- This reduced dosage will result in improved handling properties in the fresh state, as well as, improved finishability.
- Its unique packaging helps to promote even distribution and optimal dispersion of fibers in concrete mixtures.
What are the benefits of MasterFiber 160CB?
- Provides post-crack performance equal to that obtained with typical, commercially available synthetic macrofibers at a reduced dosage
- Improves placement and finishing characteristics compared to traditional synthetic macrofibers
- Eliminates the need for welded-wire reinforcement (WWR) and conventional steel bars as secondary reinforcement, depending on the application
- Utilizes an advanced packaging system that improves dispersion, reduces storage footprint and increases bags per pallet, thus optimizing pallet’s capacity
- Reduces construction time and overall labor and material costs