Enershield-HP: Vapor permeable air/water-resistive barrier
Enershield-HP (High Permeability) is a one component fluid-applied vapor permeable air/ water-resistive barrier based on Silica Fortified Rubber chemistry. This resilient water-resistant coating may be roller-, brush-, trowel-, or spray-applied directly to approved wall substrates. It provides excellent secondary moisture protection to BASF Wall Systems and most other wall claddings. Enershield-HP complies with the air barrier impermeability requirements of the Massachusetts Energy Code.
Limitation: Enershield-HP should not be used for below grade applications or on surfaces subject to water immersion.
Recommended uses: Enershield-HP is used as an air/water-resistive barrier over the following exterior wall substrates:
PermaBase® brand cement board or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards; ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including DensGlass® exterior sheathing, eXP® sheathing, GlasRoc® sheathing, Securock® glass-mat sheathing, Weather Defense® Platinum sheathing, GreenGlass® sheathing; Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/C1396); new and untreated Exposure 1 or exterior plywood sheathing (Grade C-D or better); untreated exposure 1 OSB; poured concrete/unit masonry; poured concrete/unit masonry treated with Enershield-FIL Block Filler
Enershield-HP provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind many wall claddings including brick, siding, metal panels, EIFS and stucco. (A slip-sheet is required for stucco claddings.)
- Approved for project requiring Air Barrier Association of America (ABBA) performance specifications and quality assurance
- Suitable for extreme temperature service; meets ASTM D5147 Compound Stability rating of 350°F and ASTM D1970 Cold Temperature Pliability with no cracks after bending a 1" mandrel at 0°F
- Meets ASTM E2357, ICC-ES AC212 and ICC-ES AC148 requirements; fully qualified as an air/water-resistive barrier and flexible flashing material
- Safe: water-based, low VOC and non-flammable
- Enershield-HP qualifies as both an air/water-resistive barrier and flexible flashing material because it meets ASTM E2357, ICC-ES AC212 and ICC-ES AC148 requirements
- As a liquid-applied, continuous membrane it eliminates seams, lap joints and staples; transmits wind load directly to the substrate
- Silica Fortified Rubber technology offers strength, durability and self-sealing properties and require you to apply less material to achieve effective functioning
- Can be applied at temperature at low as 25°F (4°C) when LT Additive is added
- Applicator friendly, quick applying and fast drying; it can be spray-, roller-, trowel- or brush-applied at low wet-film thickness
- Its textured surface allows sealants, adhesives and spray polyurethane foam to firmly bond to Enershield-HP