MasterSeal AWB 660
Vapor permeable air-/water-resistive barrier
MasterSeal AWB 660 description:
MasterSeal AWB 660 (High Permeability) is a one component fluid-applied vapor permeable air/ water-resistive barrier based on Silica Fortified Rubber chemistry.
This resilient water-resistant coating may be roller-, brush-, trowel-, or spray-applied directly to approved wall substrates. It provides excellent secondary moisture protection to most wall claddings. MasterSeal AWB 660 complies with the air barrier impermeability requirements of the Massachusetts Energy Code.
MasterSeal AWB 660 limitation:
MasterSeal AWB 660 should not be used for below grade applications or on surfaces subject to water immersion.
MasterSeal AWB 660 is used as an air/water-resistive barrier over the following exterior wall substrates:
- PermaBase® brand cement board or other ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior approved cement boards; ASTM C1177 type sheathings, including DensGlass® exterior sheathing, eXP® sheathing, GlasRoc® sheathing, Securock® glass-mat sheathing, Weather Defense® Platinum sheathing, GreenGlass® sheathing; Gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/C1396); new and untreated Exposure 1 or exterior plywood sheathing (Grade C-D or better); untreated exposure 1 OSB; poured concrete/unit masonry; poured concrete/unit masonry treated with MasterSeal AWB 600 FL.
- MasterSeal AWB 660 provides excellent secondary moisture protection behind many wall claddings including brick, siding, metal panels, EIFS and stucco. (A slip-sheet is required for stucco claddings.)
What are the unique features of MasterSeal AWB 660?
- Approved for project requiring Air Barrier Association of America (ABBA) performance specifications and quality assurance
- Suitable for extreme temperature service; meets ASTM D5147 Compound Stability rating of 350°F and ASTM D1970 Cold Temperature Pliability with no cracks after bending a 1" mandrel at 0°F
- Meets ASTM E2357, ICC-ES AC212 and ICC-ES AC148 requirements; fully qualified as an air/water-resistive barrier and flexible flashing material
- Safe: water-based, low VOC and non-flammable
What are the benefits of MasterSeal AWB 660?
- MasterSeal AWB 660 qualifies as both an air/water-resistive barrier and flexible flashing material because it meets ASTM E2357, ICC-ES AC212 and ICC-ES AC148 requirements
- As a liquid-applied, continuous membrane it eliminates seams, lap joints and staples; transmits wind load directly to the substrate
- Silica Fortified Rubber technology offers strength, durability and self-sealing properties and require you to apply less material to achieve effective functioning
- Can be applied at temperature at low as -4°C (25°F) when MasterSeal AWB 960 AC is added
- Applicator friendly, quick applying and fast drying; it can be spray-, roller-, trowel- or brush-applied at low wet-film thickness
- Its textured surface allows sealants, adhesives and spray polyurethane foam to firmly bond to MasterSeal AWB 660
LEED v4 Letter for MasterSeal AWB 660
MasterSeal AWB 660 Data Guide
MasterSeal AWB 660 Guide Spec
MasterSeal AWB 660 SDS
MasterSeal AWB 660 SDS (Spanish)
MasterSeal AWB Equipment Recommendations for Application
MasterSeal AWB Self Sealing Fastener Application
MasterSeal AWB Spray Application Guidelines
MasterSeal AWB on Framed Construction Details
MasterSeal AWB on Framed Construction Guidelines
MasterSeal AWB on Masonry Construction
MasterSeal AWB on Masonry Construction Guidelines