MasterSeal AWB 970 NP
How does MasterSeal® AWB 970 NP work?
MasterSeal® AWB 970 NP is a 20-mil thick, self-adhering, self-sealing, composite membrane of polyester fabric and butyl adhesive. MasterSeal® AWB 970 NP is supplied in rolls, on release paper, for easy application.
- Used as an air barrier accessory to connect different air barrier materials or assemblies together to make the air barrier continuous.
- Flashing at sills, approved sheathing joints, rough openings, and terminations.
- As an expansion joint seal.
MasterSeal® AWB 970 NP is approved for use on these acceptable substrates and other surfaces:
- Wood framing (Note: Verify adhesion before applying to wood that has been treated in any way.)
- ASTM C1177 sheathings, e.g. eXP™, GlasRoc®, Securock™ and DensGlass™
- Water-resistant core gypsum sheathing (ASTM C79/ASTM C1396)
- Cement-board (ASTM C1325 Type A Exterior)
- Exposure 1 or exterior plywood sheathing
- Exposure 1 OSB
- Steel framing
- Master Builders Solutions Air / Water-Resistive / Vapor Barriers and Master Builders Solutions Wall System’s Air / Water-Resistive / Vapor Barriers and Base Coats.
What are MasterSeal® AWB 970 NP's unique features and benefits?
- Primerless application – 1 step application, no primer required
- Supplied in rolls on release paper - Easy application
- Use as part of adhesively applied EIFS
- 180-day UV exposure - Flexible construction scheduling
- Meets AAMA 711-13