Master X-Seed 66
Water-Reducing and Strength-Enhancing Admixture
Master X-Seed 66® is a patented, waterreducing and strength-enhancing admixture that improves both early- and late-age strength development in concrete, while supporting sustainable construction. Master X-Seed 66 admixture is based on a unique technology that facilitates improved cement hydration, thus enhancing strength development. It includes polycarboxylate technology that helps produce concrete mixtures with different levels of workability. Master X-Seed 66 admixture meets ASTM C494/C494M requirements for Type A, water-reducing, admixtures.
The strength-enhancing property of Master X-Seed 66 admixture permits a reduction in the total cementitious materials content of a given concrete mixture while maintaining compressive strength development equivalent to that of reference concrete, with associated benefits in
CO2 emissions reduction.
Recommended Uses of Master X-Seed 66:
- Green Sense® concrete
- Ready-mixed concrete
- Prestressed concrete
- Precast concrete
- Self-consolidating concrete (SCC)
What Are the Features of Master X-Seed 66 Strength-Enhancing Admixture?
- Improves cement hydration
- Increases strength development — both early- (1-day) and late-age (28-day)
- Reduced water content for a given workability
What Are the Unique Benefits of Master X-Seed 66 Strength-Enhancing Admixture?
- Improved workability
- Provides a strength safety factor and/or expanded performance space
- Reduces in-place concrete costs when utilized in optimized concrete mixtures
- Permits higher replacement levels of supplementary cementitious materials (SCMs)
- Permits earlier stripping and reuse of forms
- Helps reduce
CO2 emissions associated with concrete