MasterBrace Composite Laminates and Rod: High-strength carbon fiber reinforced polymer pultrusions for the MasterBrace Composite Strengthening System
How do MasterBrace Composites work?
MasterBrace Composite Laminates are high strength carbon fiber reinforced polymer plates, used to strengthen existing structural members. MasterBrace Composite Rod is a pultruded round carbon fiber reinforced element used in near-surface-bonded applications. Both laminates and rods are bonded using an epoxy resin specifically suited for the installation. The result is an externally bonded concrete reinforcement system that offers outstanding long-term physical and mechanical properties.
- Increase load bearing capacity of concrete beams and slabs
- Restore structural capacity to damaged or deteriorated concrete structures
- Compensate for steel reinforcement mistakenly omitted from concrete and masonry structures
- Improve seismic response of shear walls and collector elements
- Improve blast resistance of concrete and masonry structures
- Strengthen steel and timber structures
- Vertical, horizontal and overhead
- Exterior and interior
What are the unique features of MasterBrace Composites?
- High strength to weight ratio
- Low profile installation
- Simple installation procedure
- Non-corroding materials
What are the benefits of MasterBrace Composites?
- Improved structural capacity without significant dead load addition
- Strengthens without reducing overhead clearances
- Well suited for areas with limited access
- Extremely durable repairs, even in exterior applications