Surface retarder for exposed-aggregate concrete
How does MasterFinish HC work?
MasterFinish HC is a chemical retarder specifically designed to produce uniform exposed-aggregate finishes on architectural precast concrete. Its excellent heat resistance makes it ideal for producing medium to deep etch exposed-aggregate concrete on panels that may reach 160º F (71º C) while curing.
- Architectural precast/prestressed concrete
- Cast stone
- Steam curing, heated beds, hot concrete temperatures up to 160º F (71º C) (Lilac, Pink, Tan and Brown only)
What are the unique features of MasterFinish HC?
- High heat resistance
- Controlled penetration delays the set of the surface only
- Wide range of etches available, including light etches
- Depths of etch are color-coded
- Can accommodate high-pressure water washing
What are the benefits of MasterFinish HC?
- Allows for year-round casting
- Consistent water-washed, exposed aggregate surfaces
- Variety of exposed aggregate appearances
- Easy identification
- Ease and speed of production
- Saves time and labor when used as an alternative to sand blasting