Solutions for Wind Energy Foundations
As one of the most mature renewable energy industries, wind power has already proved its ability to provide safe, efficient, clean and increasingly affordable electricity.
Master Builders Solutions supports the development of wind power as a climate-friendly source of energy by offering our most advanced solutions for ensuring durability, full reliability of the assets and by aiding the successful construction of modern windfarms.
In response to fast-changing new designs, extreme challenging environments and advancing technology, Master Builders Solutions experts have drawn on over 100 years of experience in the construction industry to engineer:
- High-strength, ultra-durable and fatigue resistant grouts that specifically meet the demands of off- and onshore wind turbine installations and refurbishments
- Highly durable protection coating for off- and onshore steel structures, which set a new level of protection and can achieve a 25 years life time protection, even on harsh marine environment.
Offshore wind turbine installations are extremely large, heavy and slender structures. They require large-scale underwater grouting to form robust, structural connections between the foundations and the wind turbines.
Master Builders Solutions MasterFlow 9500 fatigue resistant grout has the proven ability to absorb enormous bending movements and vibrations, wave actions, aggressive temperature changes and high wind loads. A key application benefit of the MasterFlow 9500 grout is the rapid strength build up even in temperatures as low as 0°C.
Master Builders Solutions has pioneered bulk supplied solutions which dramatically reduce the number of required crane movements and increase the worksite safety condition.
As a DNV GL certified structural grout, MasterFlow 9800 has been chosen for the largest grouted jacket foundation projects in the North Sea.
MasterFlow 9600 is typically used in transition piece skirt backfill applications to mitigate bolt corrosion and marine vessel impact forces.
- MasterFlow 9500 - Ultra-high strength grout for offshore wind turbine foundations
- MasterFlow 9600 - Bulk supplied, offshore grout for grouting foundations of wind turbine installations
- MasterFlow 9650 – high strength grout for offshore foundations
- MasterFlow 9800 - A high strength, bulk supplied grout for grouting offshore wind turbine operations
MasterFlow 9200, an ultra-high strength, fatigue resistant grout, has been especially developed to meet the structural requirements of all Vestas onshore turbine installations and types and exhibits high early strength even at cold temperatures for much faster completion of the overall project.
For the safe and durable installation of onshore wind turbines, our uniquely formulated, high-performance MasterFlow 9300 grout contains metallic aggregates for ultra-high strength and fatigue resistance, that can be applied at temperatures as low as 2°C. MasterFlow 9300 demonstrates excellent long-term durability and its rapid strength build-up ensures quick, safe and cost-effective installations.
MasterFlow 9400, an ultra-high performance cementitious grout, has been especially developed to meet the new requirements in onshore field. The material exhibits high early and final strength even at cold temperatures and is successfully validated for fatigue resistance. MasterFlow 9400 can be pumped in very warm ambient conditions e.g. 35ºC.
- MasterFlow 9200 – Ultra-high strength, Vestas specific, grout for onshore wind turbine foundations
- MasterFlow 9300 - Ultra-high strength grout for onshore wind turbine foundations
- MasterFlow 9400 - Ultra-high strength, cement based grout for onshore wind turbine installations
Projects for offshore turbines installation are constantly increasing as they offer the advantages of less inconvenience for the population while at the same time the size of the individual turbines is increasing.
Master Builders Solutions has focused on durability and reliability of offshore wind turbines by improving the corrosion protection of the structure in the harsh offshore environments.
Steel corrosion, and the durability of the structure, is a key parameter which is one of the major downsides of offshore steel constructions. In addition, any repair is difficult to plan and operate, costing a lot of time and money in case of unplanned maintenance.
Our protection system is specially designed for fulfilling the requirements of the two most demanding areas by 10 years.
- Splash zone
- Submerged zone