Research & Development – enabling innovations.
Master Builders Solutions is one of the world's most innovative companies. Innovations are the basis for future profitable growth and thus lie at the core of our competitiveness.
Approximately 10,500 employees are engaged in research and development in about 3,000 projects at approximately 70 locations around the world. In 2012, we invested about €1.7 billion in R&D activities.
As part of Master Builders Solutions' comprehensive global R&D network, experts focusing on construction chemicals are combining global Master Builders Solutions technologies with in-depth knowledge of local market needs, to develop solutions for our customers’ specific construction challenges.
We create innovative products and solutions, which offer benefits across the complete life cycle of buildings and other constructions:
- Higher productivity
- Faster progress
- Lower overall costs
- Lower consumption of natural resources
- Higher energy efficiency
- Improved health protection & safety
- Extended service life
- Lower life cycle costs
- Higher performance and functionality
- Higher safety and comfort
One of the core R&D sites for construction chemicals is located in Trostberg, Germany. This site has a tradition in chemistry of more than 100 years and is the place where the first concrete superplasticizer – Melment – was successfully developed.
The main R&D focus in Trostberg is on polymer-inorganic material interactions, where this can be for cementitious powder products, concrete admixtures, cement additives, or related segments.
Further global R&D labs include:
- Kaisten (Switzerland) – development and global technical support for cementitious systems for the underground construction segment
- Shanghai – research and development on resin based materials for waterproofing, performance flooring, repair & protection, underground construction, or related segments
Regional R&D labs:
- Beachwood, Ohio (USA) – Admixtures, Additives, Dispersions, and Cementitious Materials
- Shakopee, Minnesota (USA) – Resins
- Augsburg (Germany) – Cementitious Materialsand Dispersions
- Treviso (Italy) – Admixtures and Additives
- Sinzheim (Germany) – Wood protection
- Redditch (England) – Performance Flooring
- Schaffhausen/Oldenburg – Performance Flooring and Waterproofing
Middle East, Russia, Africa
- Dubai (UAE) – Admixtures, Cementitious Materials, Resins
- Shanghai – Admixtures, Additives, Dispersions, Cementitious Materials, and Resins.