MasterEmaco S 488
MasterEmaco S 488 - A shrinkage compensated, polymer fibre reinforced, thixotropic repair mortar
MasterEmaco S 488 is a pre-bagged ready-to-use structural repair mortar in powder form. When mixed with the correct amount of water, it produces a thixotropic, high strength repair mortar, reinforced with acrylic polymer fibre. It possess excellent bond characteristics to steel reinforcement and to concrete. MasterEmaco S 488 mortar is shrinkage compensated. It has low permeability and is extremely durable.
MasterEmaco S 488 contains no metallic aggregate and is chloride-free. MasterEmaco S 488 is formulated for sprayed or trowelled applications – in thicknesses up to 50 mm in one layer by hand application. Greater thicknesses can be achieved when spray applied.
Where is MasterEmaco S 488 applied?
- All types of structural repair which can be
applied by trowel or wet spray
- Repair of structural members subjected to
- Repair to reinforced or pre-stressed beams or
- Protection of concrete subject to attack from
water containing chlorides and sulphates, etc.
- Repairs in industrial areas, especially those
containing mineral oils and lubricants
- Repairs in marine environments
What are the advantages of MasterEmaco S 488?
- Shrinkage compensation – reduces the risk of
cracking due to shrinkage and ensures full
contact with host concrete and load transfer in
structural repair situations
- No primer required – allows rapid application at
- Can be spray applied – rapid application of
- Low rebound – when spray applied rebound is
minimal, with subsequent saving in material
Extremely low permeability – gives excellent resistance to attack by aggressive elements