MasterSeal 550 - An acrylic reinforced, cement-based, flexible waterproof coating
MasterSeal 550 is a two-component, acrylic modified cement-based coating that requires only on-site mixing forming the ideal product to waterproof and resurface concrete, masonry, and most other construction materials. Simply applied by stiff brush, roller or trowel, it forms a waterproof, flexible coating.
MasterSeal 550 provides an effective barrier to waterborne salts and atmospheric gases. Fluid applied, MasterSeal 550 provides a hardwearing, seamless, waterproof membrane for roofs and foundation protection.
Where is MasterSeal 550 applied?
- To reface and even out variations in
- As a waterproof lining for water retaining
structures like water tanks, pools,
- For coating seawater channels
- Sealing and coating tie bar holes to ensure
- For waterproofing and protection against
- To provide foundation & retaining walls
- As a waterproof coating for roofs
- As a backing to marble and granite to
prevent water ingress, and thus alleviate
- To provide protection to concrete surfaces
from carbonation and chloride attack
- For use on pedestrian walkways in marine
What are the advantages of MasterSeal 550?
- A 1mm coating provides anti-carbonation
cover equivalent to over 80cm of concrete
- Waterproof – resists up to 7 Bars (70
metre head) of pressure
- Excellent adhesion – bonds to porous and
- Non-toxic – suitable for contact with
- Suitable for light pedestrian traffic
- Breathable - whilst repelling water, allows
substrate to breathe
- High resistance to carbon dioxide and
chloride ion diffusion
- Unlike conventional coatings, which
require a 7-28 day cure of concrete,
MasterSeal 550 can be applied to 24 hourold
concrete, thereby giving immediate