MasterMatrix UW 404 - Anti-washout admixture
How does MasterMatrix UW 404 work?
MasterMatrix UW 404 anti-washout admixture is a ready to use, liquid admixture specially developed for concrete placed underwater. Concrete treated with MasterMatrix UW 404 exhibits superior resistance to washout of cement and fines.
What is MasterMatrix UW 404 used for?
MasterMatrix UW 404 is recommended for use in all types of concrete pumped or tremmied underwater, where thixotropic properties are desired.
MasterMatrix UW 404 is especially helpful in extreme conditions where conventional concrete or placing techniques would result in a high percentage of material loss due to washout.
MasterMatrix UW 404 is particularly useful in mortar and grouting applications where mixes are typically more fluid and have a higher potential for washout
What are the benefits of MasterMatrix UW 404?
MasterMatrix UW 404 produces a concrete mixture highly resistant to washout, while maintaining workability, pumpability, and placeability. The following special qualities are also provided:
- Minimal to no effect on water demand.
- Reduces concrete bleeding.
- Slump characteristics equal to untreated
- Virtually eliminates segregation, even with
highly fluid, high water-cementitious ratio
- Thixotropic action provides stiffening after
concrete is placed.
- Minimises environmental impact of cement
washout in water.
- Minimal to no effect on set time.
- Reduced pumping pressures.