MasterSeal NP 474 - Resilient, Durable Primeless Sealant and Adhesive
What is MasterSeal NP 474?
MasterSeal NP 474 is a single component polyurethane-based sealant for floor joints and wall joints due to its excellent resilience and pick resilience. It cures under the influence of atmospheric humidity and forms an elastic, chemical resistant joint sealant with excellent mechanical properties.
Where is MasterSeal NP 474 used?
MasterSeal NP 474 is a floor joint sealant and wall joint sealant which can be used in:
- Interior and exterior applications
- Connection and expansion joints in buildings and civil structures
- Pedestrian and traffic areas (for example, car decks or car parks)
- Warehouse and production areas
- Ceramic tile coverings exposed to traffic (for example, public areas or shopping centers)
- For medium chemical and mechanical loads in industrial environments
- Expansion and construction joints in water management (for example, water transport channels)
- Areas constantly submerged in water
What are the benefits of MasterSeal NP 474?
- Single-component - easy to use
- Good mechanical and chemical resistance
- Excellent adhesion even without primer
- Fast curing
- Forms a smooth blister free surface, only when applied onto dry substrates
- High elastic recovery
- Good weathering and aging resistance
- No thermo plasticity (no temperature softening)
- Fast skinning time. Low risk of dirt pickup
- No residual tackiness
How to install MasterSeal sealants
When working with sealants, the most common cause of "call backs" is sealant failure due to improper surface preparation and sealant application. Master Builders Solutions defines five basic steps below for proper joint preparation and sealant application. Care must be taken during each of these steps to ensure the successful installation of our MasterSeal sealants.