Polypropylene fibre for reinforcement in sprayed concrete and cast concrete applications as alternative and/or supplement to existing concrete reinforcement products
How does MasterFiber 143 work?
MasterFiber 143 is engineered for use as secondary reinforcement to control shrinkage, settlement and temperature cracking both in sprayed and cast in-situ applications. The inclusion of MasterFiber 143 in a concrete mix will contribute to improving the durability of concrete by increased crack propagation resistance and by its energy absorption characteristics. The fibres will disperse uniformly throughout the concrete mix and act as an anchoring mechanism within the cement matrix thereby improving the toughness and ductility of the material.
MasterFiber 143 is appropriate for use in ground supported slabs, industrial flooring, pavement, and precast elements. MasterFiber 143 can also be used in shotcrete applications for increased energy absorption and reduced rebound.
MasterFiber 143 increases:
- Concrete durability
- Post-residual flexural strength
MasterFiber 143 decreases:
- Hardened shrinkage
- Shotcrete rebound
- Manual labour
What are the unique features of MasterFiber 143?
MasterFiber 143 can maximize concrete service life by providing superior resistance to attack from damaging environmental elements such as water, chlorides and corrosive environments such as sewerage conduits and/or saline water.
What are the benefits of MasterFiber 143?
- Easy to dose either at the batch plant or on site concrete mixer truck prior to application
- Only minor impact on flow & slump properties of fresh concrete
- High resistance to acid/alkalis attack suitable for use in wet underground conditions and subsurface constructions exposed to damp conditions
- Reduces labour, construction, transport, and storage costs compared to a solution with conventional reinforcement