Advanced systems for high performing sprayed concrete
High quality, durable shotcrete (sprayed concrete) has become a vital component of ground support and stabilization in both tunneling and mining. Wet mix sprayed tunnel linings create state-of-the-art, monolithic and composite structures with a substantial reduction in cost and time, lowering health risks, increasing worker safety and reducing the environmental impact versus conventional dry mixes.
Constantly striving to exceed customer needs and demands, our admixture technologies enhance the performance, hydration control and viscosity of sprayed concrete:
- Fast-setting alkali-free accelerator series (MasterRoc SA) produces sprayed concrete with early strength development and long-term strength.
- The combined use of structural reinforcing fibers has greatly improved the load absorption performance, decreasing residual crack propagation and increasing long-term durability for permanent support.
- We offer a multitude of chloride-free liquid admixtures for improvement of plastic and hardened properties of concrete.
- Our specially formulated product for lubrication of equipment (MasterRoc LUB) can be applied prior to concrete pumping to avoid blockages.
- We also supply a cement hydration control system for wet and dry sprayed concrete applications (MasterRoc HCA) that are capable of maintaining a pot life of up to 72 hours allowing for total and accurate flexibility of site logistics.
By adding microsilica (MasterRoc MS) we reduce permeability to increase the density and long-term strength and durability performance of the sprayed concrete in its hardened state. Microsilica also can improve the pumpability and workability of the sprayed concrete system in its fresh state.